Tuesday 25 June 2013

New English products!

I feel like I've been super restrained with purchases so far. I ignored the 3 for 2 sale Superdrug had when I arrived, and haven't swatched much in-store. I couldn't resist a few little things though.
First up I bought the Nivea raspberry Rose lip butter. I was running out of my other lip balms so thought I'd buy this. I didn't like the scents that are available in Australia, but this one is quite lovely. Although I have to keep it in a pocket of my bag because I'm worried the lids going to fall off!

Next I decided I needed a pink nail polish. I chose Barry M Gelly polish in Grapefruit. I really wanted to try these polishes, but the wear time is pretty awful! It started chipping after a day, and I managed to get at least 3 from the ulta3 polish I had on before. It is a lovey colour though, and I might give it another go with a top coat.
Sorry about how horribly it's applied... just look at the colour!

I picked up one of MUA's new £1 powder blushes with the nail polish. I decided to get cupcake, as I thought it was a more brown based blush that I though I could use as a contour . It's a bit pinker than the swatches I saw online (no stand I came across had a tester) but its still super pretty.
heavy swatch and blended.

I managed to pick up Rimmel's Lycra Pro Matte Finish top coat in a supermarket for half price! I've been looking so long for a matte top coat and found out this one was discontinued, so I was so happy to find it sitting lonely in the Rimmel stand. I've also basically doubled the amount of nail polish I bought with me. Score!

Last of all is Soap and Glory hand food. I haven't tried Soap and Glory before so this was what I went for when my Body Shop hand cream decided to split at the sides. It's got quite a strong scent which takes a bit of getting used to, but the formula is lovely. I only got a little bottle so it could fit in my handbag but I might have to pick up a bigger one to leave in our room.

Do you have anything you'd buy straight away if you went traveling?

3 comments:

  1. YOU GOT RASPBERRY ROSE GAH SOOOOO JEALOUS!!

    Hope you're having a good time hun :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh lovely purchases you have there! Yes, like Sarah I hope you are having a blast :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're having a fun time over there, and getting some wonderful UK goodies!
    xx

    ReplyDelete