Tuesday 13 August 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Tempting Turqouise.

One of the things that's caught my attention most in the pharmacy's over here (and supermarkets, I always manage to make my way to the make up isle in any store I go into) is the Rimmel Scandaleye shadow sticks. I know eyeshadow sticks are something that have been around for a little while, and they were certainly available in Australia when I left, but I've never really paid attention to them until now. It took me almost 2 months to actually buy one though, and of course I ended up not buying the colour that I would use the most (a nude) or one that would suit my eye colour (the purple), but the colour I've never used on my face before, Tempting Turquoise. This was a bit silly, seeing as at my new job I've been going for a very natural looking face of make up, so would only be able to use it when I have days off.
The only real problem I've had with this is that it is so hard to find one in the shops that hasn't been smeared all over someone else first. Seriously, half of the shadow sticks I've looked at in stores have the point completely worn down, and the rest have the product smeared all over the lid. I can't for the life of me figure out why they can't just sticky tape the lids closed! No one's going to want to buy a product that's been used first, so they're clearly going to save money by sealing their products because they'll be able to sell all of them! So annoying. However, I did manage to find one in the shop I went into to buy these that hadn't been tampered with.
These sticks are so easy to use! The colour is a really nice vibrant turquoise, with a little bit of shimmer. I'm thinking I'll really only be able to use this colour as eyeliner, but it glides so smoothy along the lid and the thickness means you can get a nice thick line, perfect for if you want to layer black liner underneath, which is how I decided to wear this. I tried to blend it, but it didn't work very well, but mostly because I can't imagine wearing blue all over my lid! I'll have to buy some of the neutral shades to try out blending I think.
It came off easily with cleanser, not leaving any hint of blue behind. I'm not sure how great these will be to sharpen, as the product is quite soft, but I'm sure if you put them in the fridge or maybe freezer before hand they would sharpen fine.
I did find that these really didn't stand up to 24h waterproof claim. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be 24 hours wear or they will be waterproof for 24 hours, but I don't believe either. I wore these for around 9 hours, and I had a lot of smudging. Mostly on my right eye, which was a little bit of a mess when I got home, but I did find that it had smudged into the crease of my left eye. I did get caught in the rain, however I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the smudging, because both my black eyeliner and mascara were not waterproof and didn't move. These also work ok when using a eyeliner brush for lower lashes, but ruin the point a little bit.

thick swatch (l) and shaded (r) natural light.

same as above, with flash.

Shadow stick by itself.

Shadow stick, with Covergirl line exact liquid liner and clump crusher mascara.

These are coming to Australia in September, with a BIGGER range than is available here in the UK. I know, when does that ever happen?! I'll definitely be purchasing more, and I'll probably end up with the other 4 shades.

Have you tried these? What's your favourite kind of shadow stick, if you even like them at all?

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh pretty! I can't believe we are actually getting more than what the UK has?! That's madness haha!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like its similar to the range available in the US. Rimmel aus posted a picture on Instagram recently but they've already deleted it for some reason.

      Delete